Thursday, December 11, 2008

God Is Omniscient ~ The All-Knowing God

“This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.” 1 John 3:19-20

Omniscient, also known as All-Knowing, refers to God’s ability to know everything in complete detail. God perfectly and eternally knows all things which can be known, past, present, and future. God knows how best to attain His desired ends. He also knows everything that has happened and everything that will happen. He knows when we do things for the wrong reasons and when we do things for the right reasons. “The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.” Proverbs 15:3.

My friend, you and I cannot hide anything from God because God knows all things. He knows the number of hair on each head; He knows the heart and thoughts of every person in this world. Just because no man is around to see us do wrong doesn’t mean nobody saw it happen but God saw everything that we have done, “O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.” Psalms 139:1-2. He knows us and understands us more than we know than we understand ourselves. Our intentions in the things we do are also known to God. We need to be sure that our attitudes are always right with our actions because God knows when we are doing things for the wrong reasons or motives.

God knows what you are going to say before you open your mouth to speak, “Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.” Psalms 139:4. Knowing this truth, you and I can always come before Him with our sincere hearts and tell Him the truth. No use if you and I hide or add any nice words in our conversation to Him. You can always go to Him and have a very simple but whole hearted conversation with the Lord. You don’t have to add any bombastic words to impress Him in your prayer because He knew what exactly you are going to say. All that He wants from you and me is our sincerity and humbly come before Him. This is more than enough for Him.

The All-Knowing God, has always known everything that will ever happen to you, me and in this world, “Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isaiah 46:9-10. He exactly knew what is going to take place in your life and my life one hour from now. Dearest, if He knows every single thing in perfect detail, He also has perfect control over everything that has happen, over everything that is happening now and He is perfectly in control over the things that is going to take place in the future.

Knowing this truth, you can rest assured that the All-Knowing, All-Powerful and the Ever-Present ALMIGHTY GOD is in perfect control over your life. Don’t hold back your life and worry about so many things in this life but surrender to HIM and let HIM hold you in the palm of His mighty hand. You and I don’t have to run here and there for solution because our solution is in HIM. He knows what is best for us, He knows when to give and He knows how to give. God in His wisdom, knows the best timing for you and me. Surely the All-Knowing God will make all things beautiful in His perfect timing, “He has made everything beautiful in its time…” Ecclesiastes 3:11.

Today’s Prayer,
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for every single thing you have done in my life. God, I’m so sorry, there times in my life I ran ahead of You and cause pain in my own life. Help me to follow Your leading and help me Lord, to do everything according to your perfect timing because You alone know everything. I believe You always make all things beautiful according to Your timing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: