Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God Never Give Up On Anybody…

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you withloving-kindness.” Jeremiah 31:3

There are few people reporting to me in my work place. I believe people are the greatest asset in any organization. But above any other thing all of my subordinates are so precious because God created them and He loves them so much.

Even though I treated them well, there was one staff of mine who was very rebellious and so rude to me. I tried my best but she wasn’t nice or submissive to me. It was very hard for me to work with this one staff. She was so hardened. Every time I spoke to her nicely, her replies will be so rude with a bad facial expression. At times I will feel so disappointed and frustrated because of this one staff.

I didn’t give up on my rebellious staff. I continued to treat her nice and do my best to manage all of them. I began to understand her and I noticed something else in her. Even though she was rebellious, I noticed she has good skills and ability to perform in work. She also has the ability to lead small working groups. Day after day, I discovered more talents in her. So I continued to encourage her even though at times she will be looking at somewhere else when I’m talking to her.

Not long ago there was a promotion opportunity in my team. To cut the long story short, I decided to promote her. Without telling her, I worked out all the promotion work for her. Even at that time she wasn’t nice to me but deep inside me I know her ability which she can’t see. After sometime, I received the approval from the top management for her promotion.

I called her to my desk and gave the promotion letter to her. While I went through the promotion letter with her and explain the position and so on to her, she wept in front of me. She recalled and she began to understand that even during the promotion process she was rude and rebellious to me. With tears in her eyes she apologized to me and asked for my forgiveness for everything. On that time at my desk, I saw her repentance and a change take place in her heart. Today, she is a changed person and she is one of my best staff with full respect towards me.

In my own life I have done many mistakes but the Lord Jesus gave me many second chances to rise up again in life. If He gave up on me from the beginning, I wouldn’t reach this far in life. When I was rebellious He was patient with me. When I sinned against Him, He was so gracious to me. When I return to Him, He didn’t turn his back on me but He spread open His two arms, embraced me and welcomed me again.

Dearest, God will never give up on anyone of us, even when we are so rebellious at times. Likewise, we shouldn’t give up on anyone. Our second chance to someone could be a turning point in their life. Do to others what the Lord has done for us. He loves us unconditionally, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.” Jeremiah 31:3



No comments: