Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TRUST And OBEY HIM

“To obey is better than sacrifice…” 1 Samuel 15:22

If you are parents, will you give instruction to your children so that they will end up becoming failures, destroyed, getting hurt and eventually come good for nothing? Surely your answer will be “No”. Any parents want the best for their kids. So does God, our Heavenly Father wants us to have the best.

God will instruct us and teach us in the way that we should go simply because He loves us so much and He wants us to have the very best in our life. You and I will never lose anything if we listen and obey His instructions and leading; we will only end up being blessed. But if He says something and we willfully disobey His instruction we are actually heading to a destructive path. We will end up frustrated, disappointed, hurt and even could cost our life.

Once in my life, I desired to have something. As usual I went to the Lord in prayer and asked Him. Immediately the Lord said to me, “No, cut it off”. I tried to convince God for what I want to have but God continuously say the same answer again and again, “No, cut it off”. When I refused to listen to Him, God in His unconditional love sent some people to speak to me, they said to me, “Ben, this is not what God wants you to have.” I argued and I even used Scriptures to justify my stand.

One day, during my prayer time, I pride fully said to God these words, “God, I know you have someone else for me but I choose this one.” What a pride in me. Eventually I got what I wanted but I never knew what I was going to face in life after that. I went through so much sadness, brokenness, deep wounds in my heart, hurt, bitterness and frustration. I begin to lose focus in God and ministry. I couldn’t handle the pain and the suffering that I brought on myself. During that time, I often recall back on my prideful conversation with God, “…but I choose this one”. I cried many times to God for pride fully saying all those words to God.

I understand after sometime that God stopped me from the beginning because He wants to save me from all the hurts and pains. I don’t blame anyone for all that I have been through. It was my willful disobedience and I put myself into something out of God’s will. Anything outside of God’s plan will never last and even if it’s last it’s not His best for us. The things that I wanted so much and hold it so tight in my two hands turn to become ashes in my own hands.

God knows I struggled so badly and He was so gracious to me. Eventually, in His amazing love for me, he removed that thing from my life. He restored me and healed all my pains and deep wounds in my heart. Today, in Him I am a free man again. By His grace, I’m back to Him and back on the path that He wants me to walk in. I learned many things throughout that painful journey of life but one thing I would like to encourage all of you from my experience is to TRUST And OBEY Him no matter what He says to you. This is the greatest lesson I have learned in my life.

Friends, you will never regret if you listen to Him and obey His voice. He will never lead you into the path of destruction. He loves you so much and He don’t have a heart to see you suffer. He wants you to have His best in your life. Believe in Him and listen to Him. TRUST and OBEY Him no matter what He says to you, “To obey is better than sacrifice…” 1 Samuel 15:22



No comments: